Friday, May 13, 2011

My first entry somehow disappeared.

I had one post up but somehow it got deleted, along with my layout and everything I had customized. Oh well. Could have been worse, I could have lost a years worth of stuff rather than one entry, right? Positive thinking!

I have been overweight most of my life.
I have had a few years here and there where I looked good and felt good about myself. For example, in 2004 I lost around 80 pounds! I was walking 10 miles a day, drinking tons of water, and being as active as possible. I went swimming, rode my bike, etc. I didn't do things the healthy way at all, even though it may sound that way. I was barely eating, I would go days without food. I'm surprised I lost anything at all. I have similar weight loss goals this time around (80-100 lbs gone within 2 years, please?) but this time I plan on doing it the healthy way!

I did eventually fall into my bad habits again. Soda drinking, fast food, no more exercise. I didn't gain all that much weight back though. In 3 years I put on an additional 25 pounds.... Until I got pregnant in 2007 and gained 65 pounds. The weight never came off. In fact, it brought a few friends along for the ride. I always thought that once I became a mom it would be much easier for me to burn calories, but the truth is I am so exhausted from taking care of the kids that I haven't thought of doing anything for ME since before my son was born.

I tried going to the gym in November of 2009, and I saw results quickly. I ended up moving in March and stopped going to the gym in February when we began packing. The weight I had lost started coming right back. It's been a vicious cycle like this for me since I was 11 years old. Lose some, gain it back + extra. What was I doing wrong?

GIVING UP!

I don't plan on letting that happen to me again. I have had my eyes opened in the last few weeks. Life is short, you never know what might happen. My boyfriend's father recently suffered a devastating heart attack. It happened almost 3 weeks ago and he is still in the hospital. That scared the hell out of me. I also lost a friend very recently, he was in the military.... He died at the age of 26. Granted, his death was not due to health issues but it did make me realize that I need to make what little time I have on this earth count.

I am writing this blog to motivate myself. I figure, if I have an audience, maybe I will finally stick with a plan. I am going to share weight loss tips, recipes, anything at all that I can think of to help others get the body they want. I welcome any comments you might have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!