Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oops.

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time for the internet at all until tonight. I didn't feel much like writing because I am a bit depressed. This weekend we went to a family reunion in Westport, MA, and Andrew took some pictures. I didn't mind because I had lost so much weight & inches. Upon reviewing the pictures, I cried for a solid hour. How can I still be so huge after making so much progress? I haven't had the time or chance to exercise since Friday, either. I behaved & followed my workout plan perfectly last week & all the goals were met, but I still look like shit.

I am taking a little break from blogging until I have regained some self confidence. I need to really step up my game if I want to see more dramatic results... I'm starting tomorrow. Maybe in a week I can come back on here & feel a bit better about myself.

One good thing: I got my stationary bike from Rhode Island. I finally brought it up here on Sunday night. I'm kind of excited. My goal is to start doing a 7 miles a day on that and 5 miles a day on the Nordic Track. We'll see how that works out.

2 comments:

  1. It's not unusual to totally burn out after working as hard as you have been. Last summer, i worked out 2 hours a day and lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks. One thing got in the way, another thing, and soon life took over. People can lose a ton of weight on Biggest Loser because they get to leave their homes, their work, their responsibilities and simply just workout and take care of themselves. Real life is not like that. To do it in real life, you have to change every single thing around you. It's not easy, but for the long haul, a reasonable program is good. The overnight makeover is just impossible to maintain. Get some perspective and focus, but be sure you set it up so you can actually do it without burning out. I regained 10 pounds and now I'm back to the life change, but this time it's purely clean foods and one hour a day workout-I will not do more than that because I know I will burn out and the rest of my life will suffer. Do it reasonably over time. I remember someone telling me one time, "I dont know why people brag that their kid walked at 1 year. When your kid is 20, it doesn't matter when he started walking because obviously at some point, he started walking." I laughed because it's true. It doesn't matter how you get to your goal weight,so long as you maintain it. So, do it reasonably and then when you go to maintenance, it won't be a huge shock to your system. It won't matter how long it took to get there, just that you changed your life forever to accommodate a slender athletic person that you've become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying all of that.

    I'm not really burned out, so much as disgruntled that my physical changes aren't as apparent as I felt they should have been. I took some more full body pictures last night & I noticed a big difference. Huge, in fact. It's all positive. I have a long way to go but I've made a good deal of progress.

    Andrew explained that the pictures he took were a result of him being a horrible photographer, haha. I believe him, because out of hundreds of pics he's taken in the (almost )5 years we've been together, I only liked maybe 5 or 6. He said that even movie stars & celebrities have pictures taken of them where they don't look their best but it doesn't represent how they look at all times. Hearing him say that kind of made me feel better.

    I started a diet today based mostly on veggies & occasional fruits. I'm cutting carbs big time. I also went 22 miles today on my exercise bike, did Levels 2 and 3 of the 30 Day Shred, and have resumed my daily crunch routine. I have walked 3 out of my 5 miles today on the Nordic Track, too.

    So, again, I'm not burned out, but I am sad that I let things get so bad that a loss as big as what I have had so far (after this weekend, it's a loss of about 27 pounds... it was 32 pounds last week but i was baaad), isn't as easy to see as I would have liked. I'm not letting it get me down.. I'm just taking a blogging break for a bit to focus more on my life & my exercising for the next week or so. I'll be back! I still log on & read :)

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!