I am going to do a check up on my goals and progress every Monday to see that I am staying on track with everything I am hoping to achieve.
On Saturday I wrote up some goals for this week and I am going list them here:
Goals for 5/22 - 5/28
- 30 miles on the Nordic Track
- Use the 30 Day Shred DVD every day
- Drink nothing but water
- Stay on track with fruits as snacks
I already messed up on Sunday by going to the drive-in and snacking. I even had fast food, which has been a big no-no for me. I had mozzarella sticks, french fries, all sorts of stuff I have been avoiding for the last few months. I am not happy with this, at all. It was nice to indulge a bit though, and I made sure to eat everything in moderation. I am sad to admit I even had a little bit of soda. I will not let this get me down though, instead I will keep trying.
I have decided that since I usually only have access to the internet Monday - Friday, that I will change the start date for my goals to every Monday, instead of Sunday. If I set my goals too high, they will be daunting and I will avoid the extra work. If I choose, smaller, more manageable goals, the odds are better that I will reach and maybe even surpass them. That is my goal with this week... lower the bar a little bit so that maybe, just maybe, I can give myself a boost in confidence by not only meeting, but blowing right passed all my goals!
- This week I have to do 25 miles on the Nordic Track, which really isn't that bad. I am positive I can do 25, since even my worst week had me at 24.
- I should be able to get some time to do the 30 Day Shred DVD 4 times, but every day is a bit much. I will do what I can, though!
- I am confident that I can drink nothing but water this week, I know that drinking soda on Sunday was a fluke. I don't usually drink soda, so it should be easy.
- I have been doing excellent with eating fruits as snacks. In fact, last week, we picked up strawberries, apples, bananas, canteloupe, grapefruit, grapes, etc, and I was very good about eating them (except when I went to the movies last night!). I am hoping to continue that trend this week! Money is a bit tighter, so my options will be cut down drastically. I will be sticking mostly to apples and bananas.
So, my new revised list of goals is as follows:
-25 miles on Nordic Track
-30 Day Shred DVD 4 times
-Drink nothing but water
-Choose fruits over unhealthy, salty snacks like chips.
-Take vitamins daily
-No eating anything other than fruit after 7pm
Wish me luck!