Saturday, June 25, 2011

Did we reach our goals this week?

- No more fast food, even at the drive in. I don't mind splurging every now and then, but I want to go one full week without ANY fast food, just to prove I can do it.
Nope, I didn't make it. I went to the drive in on Monday night and had mozzarella sticks. Grrr. Oh well, better luck next week! It could have been worse though, right? I only had one fast food item this week instead of, say, 5. I'm pleased with this.

 
- Drink nothing but water and drink LOTS of it. I always behave & follow this, except on the days I go to the drive in. I had maybe half a cup of soda from Andrew on Saturday night & I paid the price with a horrible migraine. I am NOT making that mistake again. After going almost 2 weeks with no soda & nothing but water, I ruined it & paid the price.
Except for ONE gulp of coffee yesterday when my headache was really bad, I did hold true to this. I never drink coffee, but I figured the caffeine might help with the headache a bit. Can taking a sip of coffee for my headache really be held against me? I haaate coffee, yuck. I am going to go ahead and say I stuck with this. I've been averaging over 100 ounces a day OR MORE of water!


- Walk/Run 21 miles. It doesn't matter if it's from the Nordic Track, or from walking or running outside, I want to do this. Easy, 3 miles a day. I have been going above and beyond this lately, but I am trying a new system this week and seeing how it works for me.
SO CLOSE! I made it to 18 miles. I only did that over 3 days because I wasn't feeling well this week. It could be worse. Shooting for 21 miles again next week!
  


- Implement my new system of 15 minutes of intense walking or running on the Nordic Track followed by 10 minutes of strength training. Repeat as many times as able. No more marathon walking without strength training included. 
On the 3 days I used the Nordic Track, I did this and it felt great.



- Continue doing 100 crunches in a row each day. 
Pfft! I am up to over 100 crunches a day, and today I did 200! I have NOT missed a single day of crunches!




It could be better, but it could be worse. I completed 3 out of 5 of my goals. The best part about this is that I completed most of my goals even though I was having a really rough week. If I can do that on a bad week, imagine what i can do on a good week! I am so excited & happy. 

Now to think of what to add to this list for next week. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. You sound very grounded and realistic about your goals and about when you don't quite reach them. Goals are really just a guideline to remind us of what we should focus on. You are really getting it in a way that should last for life which is the really important thing--maintaining. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm really trying to be realistic with everything instead of trying too hard to meet goals I know I will never reach. If you choose to set a bunch of small goals for yourself, you're more likely to meet them & maybe even surpass them. Big goals that are TOO BIG seem unattainable & drain the energy right out of you.

    I plan on losing this weight & keeping it off for lifeeee. I don't want to have to worry about my health due to weight issues.

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!