Monday, June 20, 2011

Motivational Monday

Today I am starting a new weekly feature called Motivational Monday. I'm going to list quotes, my plans for the week, and challenge you to do your very best. At the end of the week I will review & see how I've done. Hopefully some of your participate in this and we can all review together!

Here are some quotes to get you going this week!

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
- William James

Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.   
- Thomas Jefferson

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
- Franklin Roosevelt


I absolutely LOVE all three of these quotes. Definitely found some good ones today. Hope they lift your spirits and get you ready for another great week!


What are my plans for the week? Simple.
- No more fast food, even at the drive in. I don't mind splurging every now and then, but I want to go one full week without ANY fast food, just to prove I can do it. 
- Drink nothing but water and drink LOTS of it. I always behave & follow this, except on the days I go to the drive in. I had maybe half a cup of soda from Andrew on Saturday night & I paid the price with a horrible migraine. I am NOT making that mistake again. After going almost 2 weeks with no soda & nothing but water, I ruined it & paid the price. 
- Walk/Run 21 miles. It doesn't matter if it's from the Nordic Track, or from walking or running outside, I want to do this. Easy, 3 miles a day. I have been going above and beyond this lately, but I am trying a new system this week and seeing how it works for me.
- Implement my new system of 15 minutes of intense walking or running on the Nordic Track followed by 10 minutes of strength training. Repeat as many times as able. No more marathon walking without strength training included. 
- Continue doing 100 crunches in a row each day. 

Sounds easy enough, right? I'm not so worried about the physical aspect of these goals as much as I am worried about the food part. I am going to the drive in tonight, again, and also this weekend to see Cars. That's two more times the temptation will be there for soda and fast food & I will have to say no. It's not hard for me to say no, don't get me wrong, but I usually only pack a few things due to limited space in the car, and we're usually there from 6pm until 2am. That's a long time to just be snacking on fruits, veggies, etc. I give in because I get bored, and because my kids and Andrew are eating the stuff I miss. 


New motivation idea: think of one thing I'd like to accomplish in the near future!
- Wear a dress & really OWN it, you know what I mean?


I think now would be a good time to list some things I've accomplished that I couldn't claim a few months ago. Since I've begun dieting and exercising, I have:
- had fewer than 5 panic attacks a month.
- have insane amounts of energy.
- really begun to reconnect with my friends & family in a healthy way. My attitude is totally different!
- not had a real argument with my boyfriend in over a MONTH. This is a record, we have always been a bit rocky. I can't believe how much more healthy and happy our relationship is now vs. even just a few weeks back! 
- accomplished things I didn't think I could, like doing 100 crunches straight, alternating between walking and running 10 miles straight, etc. 
- dropped almost 3 full dress sizes!
- lost somewhere around 20 inches from all over my body.

I think I've deserved a pat on the back, don't you?



What are some of YOUR goals for the week? Share them here and I will call you out on it later in the week to see if you measured up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!