Friday, June 3, 2011

The scale & I might just become friends if this keeps up.

I weighed myself today because I was unable to find the measuring tape I've been using. I found another one lying around but I wanted to be consistent so I am holding out until I find the original measuring tape. Anyway, I wanted something to comfort me sooo... I weighed myself.

I've lost 24 pounds in 4 weeks & a day of dieting & exercising.

I know, that sounds really awful to lose so much at once. Keep in mind that I gave up having soda on a daily basis, and exchanged it for a ton of water instead, I opted for healthy fruits and veggies as snacks, and limited late night snacking to one night a week (movie night with Andrew!) - and even then it's only popcorn. The rest of the time, I don't eat anything outside of raw veggies or fruits after 730pm.

I've also been exercising a whole hell of a lot. Around 3-5 hours on most days. Some of it is walking with my kids, or swimming, but  a good portion of it is on the Nordic Track (around 45 minutes a night, to sometimes as much as 2 hours if I'm watching a good movie) or with DVD's (I spend an hour a day on The 30DS, and sometimes I use another DVD on top of that). I just can't stand being still anymore.

But damn, 24 pounds in 4 weeks? I know that sounds unhealthy, but when you take into consideration my  end goal for pounds lost (100 pounds total by May 2013) and all the crappy eating habits I gave up - like fast food, salty foods, soda, sugary sweets, and chocolate, I guess it makes sense. I have a lot to lose, and I'm finally exercising and eating right so my body will of course lose weight quicker at first. My weight will start leveling off soon, and I know that. I'm comfortable with that. I'm just so excited to know that I am doing everything right this time! I definitely plan to keep it up.

I am trying not to get too excited about the number, because I've decided it's more about how comfortable I hope to feel in my skin. Seeing that everything is paying off not only in measurements but also in pounds is a really nice perk.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome and to be expected too because when you take out the simple carbs, you drop a ton of water weight because carbs keep water in your body. You can often times tell people who eat a lot of simple carbs by the puffiness around their face and fingers. That is exceptional! You are the incredible melting woman. Very well earned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water weight or not, it's a great feeling! I can't believe the changes my body has made in such a short time. It's amazing.

    The bad news is that I am having a bit of trouble staying on top of things now that I have such an awful cold.. I actually skipped exercising entirely yesterday without meaning to because I had no energy. I woke up from a dead sleep at 2am and couldn't breathe because I was coughing so much and decided to work out for two hours. haha.

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!