Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yep, I'm still sick.

I've been sick since Sunday and my workouts are definitely suffering because of it. I'm barely eating because I can't taste or smell anything, and I have no energy to get out of bed, let alone workout. Last night I walked 3 miles. This is horrible! As soon as my lungs are able, I plan to start doing heavy cardio again and picking up with my videos. I am sad to say I haven't done the 30DS since Monday.

As for barely eating - let me clarify. I am eating every 3 hours, but only a few small fruits or veggies like grapes, strawberries, carrots, or broccoli. I am not eating real meals. I am eating enough to keep my body going, but only the bare minimum. Not on purpose, it just hurts! On top of that, my throat has been too sore to drink too much water, so I'm down to about 1.5 liters a day. Ouch.

I wonder how poorly this will affect my measurements in two weeks? Do you think it's wrong that I am taking so much time off, or is it okay because I legitimately do need it? I just don't want this to be mistaken for laziness or for not caring. I DO care, I love the results I've achieved this far and I want to continue. Last night, I could barely walk at a pace of 3 mph. I usually keep it between 5-7 mph. I am so drained! Even though the pace is slow, I think I need to keep up walking - if only a few miles a day until I am better. Just to have the peace of mind and knowing I'm not letting this cold defeat me.

Oh, on top of the chest cold, I got my period today. TMI? skip this whole section, then. I have PCOS & get my period very randomly. This is the first period I've had since March, and it's awful. The pain is almost unbearable. I usually don't have any pain with my period but this is just awful. This just happened today.. typically my period only lasts for 2 days or so but the thought of this going on for 48 more hours makes me want to just die. I am thinking walking will help the cramping, but oh god... I don't want to. haha.

Anyway, I want all of  you to work out extra hard for me this week, okay? I can't believe how much I miss it! I am so bored sitting on the couch. I don't know how many more times I can play with play doh or color in coloring books with the kids before my head explodes, hahaha.  Not to say I don't enjoy doing those things, but that's ALL I've really done since the weekend! Getting a bit boring. I miss the pool, the fresh air, going on walks, working up a sweat. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better by now! PCOS SUCKS! (I have it too. It's miserable.)

    Here's hoping you're rested & refreshed!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily my period came and went really quickly, and only the first day was painful. I'm sorry to hear that PCOS is a problem for you as well. It's definitely no fun :/

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!