Thursday, June 16, 2011

Woohoo!

You know the challenge I mentioned yesterday with the crunches? Last night I did 54 & had to stop. Today I made it up to 75! It's getting easier & easier! Andrew, my boyfriend, said I might as well make it 200 at the rate I'm going. We'll see ;)

I think it's funny/cute how concerned my friends are with me over-doing the exercising. I wish people understood that 90% of what I do is walking/running! It's not hard, and I don't think walking every day could be bad for anyone. I do devote at least half an hour a day to workout dvd's & occasionally a bit of strength training on the side. The crunch challenge is just something new to keep me motivated & see what I am really capable of.

Don't worry so much, people! I'm fine.

My counselor gave me tons of homework today, and I'm thinking I might share it on the blog. I have to answer these 4 questions with the first things that pop into my head & then try to rationalize the answers. I had her laughing her butt off earlier. One question was, "What is your motto or slogan on how you feel about life?" I laughed and said that, "Kurt Vonnegut said it best! Life is no way to treat an animal." She laughed but looked very concerned after. Oops?

Anyway, I think it might be kind of fun to share with all of you. It's kind obviously going to be really personal but I think it's going to help a lot. She says if I can be  honest and upfront with my feelings life will be easier. If life is easier, the weight will come of easier, too. It's all connected. Strong mind, strong body.

2 comments:

  1. You are too funny- I love your sense of humor and I'm totally stealing that quote.. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I always reply to my comments so make sure you check back for my response!